Our friendly dental team of professionals are truly dedicated to your comfort and optimal oral health
Zirconia crowns are a good choice when you have a weak tooth, a tooth that has been exposed to decay or has been cracked or worn down. Crowns are also used to hold dental bridges in place.
You will be fitted with a temporary crown
You will be fitted with a temporary crown until our lab has crafted your new crown to perfection. This takes about two weeks.On your second visit, we will remove the temporary crown and permanently place the real crown into place.
Dental crowns are a tooth shaped shell that is placed over an existing tooth. This is done to restore a tooth’s shape, size and strength. Our crowns will definitely enhance your smile. Crowns are cemented into place and they completely encase the entire tooth that exists above the gum line.
Crowns are a good choice when you have a weak tooth, a tooth that has been exposed to decay or has been cracked or worn down. Crowns are also used to hold dental bridges in place.
Two office visits are required when fitting a crown. In the first visit, Dr. Nguyen or Dr. Weinberg utilizes a state-of-the-art scanner that will scan the tooth to precision and get passed on to our dental lab. This ensures that the lab has exact, digital reference to create your new crown. We will then remove any decay and shape the tooth appropriately.
Dental Crowns Are Used For These Reasons:
- Protects a weak tooth from breaking
- Holds together parts of a cracked tooth
- Restores an already broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- Covers and supports a tooth with a large filling
- Holds a dental bridge in place
- Covers misshaped or severely discolored teeth
- Covers a dental implant
- Makes a cosmetic modification
- Restores your ability to chew and speak properly
- Maintains the shape of your face
- Redistributes the forces in your bite by replacing missing teeth
- Prevents remaining teeth from shifting out of position
Our crowns are made with the superior strength of Zirconia.
Zirconia crowns are a relatively new material that combines the strength of the metal and the aesthetics of porcelain. Zirconia is the best choice for crowns and the only choice for us. As a cosmetic dentist, zirconia crowns are our choice for dental crown durability that will last for many years to come.
Dr. Susan Weinberg
Dr. Susan will perform a complete digital scan of your teeth that will provide a perfect fit for the aligners.